If you came to the 2012 Dodge Poetry Festival, you may remember that we were rolling out our new Guidebook smartphone app. It was a hit with users, with over 800 Festival-goers downloading it on their iPhones, Androids, tablets, and desktops. The great thing about this app is that you can take the largest poetry event in North America and make it completely personal. Make it your own. Right in your hands, you can customize your own programming schedule and to-do list, just for you.
There are a couple of easy ways to get the app. You can scan the QR code above right off of your computer screen, or get the app sent to your phone here. Or, from your smartphone’s app store, just download the app “Guidebook” and search “Dodge”. You can even use the app right in your browser, right here.
Easy to download and to use, this interactive tool for your smartphone will not only help you navigate your time at the Festival, but also help you navigate accommodations, transportation, dining and more.
Please note that app updates are still in progress, so follow along to see what new additions will be added as we get closer to the Festival!
Here’s a list of what our app can do:
- Complete day-by-day schedule of all events at the Dodge Poetry Festival, color-coded and complete with a description of each reading/event.
- Create a personalized schedule. The schedule offers the “Add To My Schedule” option for each event, which will then include that event and location to your own personalized schedule within the app. You can also set timed reminders for each event, so you won’t miss anything you’ve bookmarked.
- Sort by event type. Within the schedule, there are types of events separated into color-coded categories. This will allow you the option to see only Readings, Poets on Poetry, Conversations on Craft, etc.
- Get to know the Festival Poets. The Festival Poet section will feature an alphabetical list of each poet performing at the Festival, and has a photo and biography, with the function of being able to bookmark each individual poet to your To-Do list (below).
- Explore the Festival Venues with Google Maps. Within the Venue section, each location will be highlighted with a description, and featured on a Google Map for easy navigating while you’re in Newark.
- See what Newark has to offer. There are many sections featuring local gems: dining, hotels, transportation and local attractions, all with Google Map capability to help you find your way.
- Navigate your way, step by step. The app will have Google Map capability, which connects to the smartphone’s map capability which can give you detailed walking instructions. This will show you on GPS where exactly you are located in relation to the venues and other attractions located in Newark’s Downtown Arts District.
- Make a To-Do list, to which you can bookmark any poets, restaurants, venues etc. that you would like to visit in their time in Newark.
- Connect. There are links to all Social Media outlets for the Dodge Poetry Festival, as well as a user-generated Photo Gallery where users can upload and share photos with other Festivalgoers. You can also check in and see who else is in attendance, and send messages to other users if you choose.
We hope that this Mobile App will help to make your Festival experience as easy and fun as possible!
Click here to get the App sent to your phone now!
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback. Visit us as dodgepoetry.org for more information!